October 19, 2010

Halloween Houses

Halloween decoration is up in full swing here in Chicago. Houses are full and festive of decoration from the classic cobwebs to homemade grave stones. Some homes here have gone a bit further then others, but no one can deny that people are in the full spirit of this haunting holiday. 










What I find very interesting about these homes is that the parents seem to be the ones who are really getting into it, as oppose to the children. The kids that I nanny for walk past these houses like they just had leaves on their lawn. Are these decorations becoming expected? To the point that kids aren't even impressed by the decorations? Also, how far is too far? 

A neighbor of mine has caution tape around their yard, witches hanging from every corner, as well as ghosts. They have also boarded up their windows with wood. I keep walking by their house trying to get a picture of their house (creepy, I know) but there is always someone sitting on their porch. I will try once again tomorrow. 

Speaking of Halloween, I think Ismael and I have finally figured out what we're going to go as...Superman and Louis Lane! I think it'll be fun! It's his first Halloween in America, so it's a big deal. I really want to do Halloween related things but I am a bit afraid of the haunted houses and tours the city has to offer. Maybe a corn maze? 

Now to figure out what Lena is going to be ....

Just making a call

Lena's recent obsession: A stuffed dalmatian




1 comment:

  1. Frankie was a pirate on his first halloween! Fitting, we thought..

    ReplyDelete