October 17, 2010

First Blog Post!







Welcome to my new addition to the blog collection. If you don't know me already, here is a little about myself: I was born in Morocco but raised in Portland, Maine. I am a recent graduate of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I have a small hat line called Zzouzi Hats that is available to buy in Chicago at two local stores and via the internet through Zzouzi.com. I am also an obsessive Harry Potter fan.


© Copyright 2009-2010 Gold Twig Hat

I have more time on my hands these days then I ever have before. I am a part time nanny for three great kids and when I am not watching those rascals I am working on my business. I have also found a lot of time to thrift shop and it has become a recent [crazy] passion of mine. Half of my home is thrift store finds and I love it! I was so excited to move into my very first apartment with out a roommate (unless you count my boyfriend...who I don't..or my cat) and be able to REALLY decorate it.

Ninjas - The Kids

Well since we're on the subject of them, I will introduce them. Ismael, the boyfriend, is a French pastry chef that works at a bakery in Chicago. He makes amazing lemon tarts and wakes up too early. He is wonderful and surprises me by cleaning up the house - its perfect. My cat, Lena (who is actually also a boy...despite the name) has been a part of our lives for the past month. She - er, he, is half bengal and half tiger cat and as hyper as you can be. He is going through his suckling phase. When I bought my cat, I was informed that s/he was a girl...then about three weeks later (he was 12 weeks or so) he grew some balls...and well I just couldn't change the name!


Lena the Kitten

Ismael the Boyfriend

Pastries -- Dangerous

Anyway- that's just a little bit about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment