October 26, 2010

Autumn, Thrifting, and Coffee: Perfect Weekend

Friday Night my friend Shannon and I were asked to babysit at a local block party. It was a neighbor of the kids that I nanny for, so it was pretty easy to head over there after work. Well, it was everyone from the neighborhood gathered at one persons house with food, desserts, and drinks. It was a lot of fun, even though I was working! Shannon and I were in charge of the different activities for the kids which included a movie, pumpkin carving, making your own candy necklaces, and a lot more. We helped carve over 30 pumpkins that night. I am not sure my fore arms have recovered yet!

Pumpkin Row - Some of the pumpkins we helped carve

The next day we ventured out to a thrift store that was about a 40 min bus ride from where I live. The amazing thing about Chicago is that no matter how long I live here, I feel like I will still find new places to explore. We got off the bus where google maps told us (handy) and ventured off. We were in a part of the city I had never seen! I don't think it would be fair to call it a city, we were surrounded by trees! It reminded me of Maine.





Very Cute German (?) styled house!


Asado Coffee:

We also randomly stumbled upon this fantastic coffee place that was voted best coffee in Chicago. Each coffee was brewed by the cub, and they roasted their own beans. I am craving a cup now. It was such a clean, strong smelling cup. It was just so good. The place was really small, with only about four tables to sit at, and there were a few people ahead of us in line, but I would gladly go back.






Ah finally- Thrifting! This honestly made my weekend. We went thrifting Saturday and with a cart full of clothing and 1 hour into the process someone told us the entire store was half off! Amazing! We went nuts! I bought way too much stuff over our two day thrifting excursion. I am sure you will see it in future posts. I am just amazed at what a good deal we got! Shannon bought the cutest skirt for 45 cents! You can't buy ANYTHING for 45 cents! Our Coffee was the price of two sweaters. It blows my mind every time.


Cute bear sweater Shannon bought

Thrifting Breakdown:
3 Pairs of Boots
2 Purses
1 Jacket
2 Skirts
2 Broaches
1 Ring
7 Sweaters 
For a grand Total of: $38


Last nights treat at Margie's after inhaling 10cent wings.

 

If you like what you're reading, show some love and follow me on here and bloglovin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment