December 5, 2010

Jackson Pollock Dress






Dress/Belt: Vintage/Handmade, Shoes/Tights/Socks/Cardi: Target, Coat: Old Navy circa 2009


This weekend ended up being a lot more fun than I had anticipated since I had absolutly nothing planned except for the upcoming art show. On Friday Jasmin and I went out for a lovely brunch at M Henry (could I be any more predictable?) then afterward we went to visit lovely Emilia at Mr. and Mrs. Digz, where she gave us a hot tip on some great vintage finds in the city, so we had to go visit it. Three hours later and an overfull cart, we left the thrift store with some golden pieces, and one I had to keep for myself. I've been searching for a dress like this for AGES! I can't seem to find a dress that has an interesting print in any of the stores I seem to shop at.

A couple of weeks ago I spotted this one on modcloth for way too much money, and the print wasn't even cool enough! It's things like this that kind of set me off. If I can find something like this at half the price, why can't everyone get these good deals? I guess that's where the idea of The Mockingbirds came from. We create (or "mock" if you will) affordable fashion, accessories, and home decor, for a thrift store budget. So this is what we are doing. We have slowly started building our inventory, and we will have our first sale at Handmade Holidays - so I hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment